21 April 2014

2012 Maculan Dindarello Moscato

This weekend I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower at my parents' house for The Woman Formerly Known As The Roommate. Just around the time for her first wedding anniversary, she is due to give birth to her first child. I have been granted honorary Uncle status, and wish everyone the best.

The baby shower was a lot of fun, as it was co-ed and I brought along a dozen bottles of wine. Dad smoked chicken drummies on the Big Green Egg, Mom helped coordinate everything, and Bella ran around begging for appetizers. It was a pleasure to catch up with so many friends and to celebrate the Easter weekend together.

I brought along this particular wine specifically for my mother and my sister-in-law, who are connoisseurs of the sweet wines. This Italian sample performed admirably...

2012 Maculan Dindarello Moscato
Veneto IGT
100% Moscato
$22/375mL, 11.5% abv.

Intensely floral nose. Great honeysuckle and jasmine with hints of citrus flower. On the palate it shows a deep, sweet, and musky flavor sparked by a great tang of lemony acidity. Not terribly cloying, and it doesn't hang on the glass that long. This is a great dessert wine that is not explicitly a dessert wine; more a tasty after dinner wine that needs to be served with good cheese. Highly recommended.

Note: This wine was provided as a sample for review.

No comments: