21 February 2014

2012 Taburno Falanghina del Sannio

Grabbing a bottle of wine in North Carolina during the snow storm and sampling it out of little water tumblers brought back fond memories of my previous life as a corporate trainer, living out of hotels for two week stretches for a couple of years. Even the familiar scents of the Hampton Inn were oddly comforting during this visit, though the little knobbly soap is a new one for me.

While I had an amazing time with everyone on the trip, I am an introvert at heart and prize those hours I can grasp in the afternoon to read some news, enjoy a glass of wine, and maybe take a nap before starting the evening feast and socialization. Indeed, we had a long conversation about this topic over sushi while I was talking about the Meyers-Briggs Test and my lifelong bouncing around INTP and ISTJ.

Back to to The Wine Feed in downtown Raleigh... Once again, I was able to procure something that I had not tried before, and also got the opportunity to try a new grape in the process.

2012 Taburno Falanghina del Sannio
DOC Taburno
100% Falanghina
$18, 13.5% abv.

Dominant notes of lychee and dried fruit with a firm, slightly bitter, and completely dry flavor. Mineral finish with a slight acidic tone. Although the country doesn't match, I'd highly recommend this with a broad assortment of tapas to allow the salty and savory snacks to play against the interesting white wine.

No comments: